CEO Sleepout Middlesbrough Event Details 2018
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of our big night!
Venue: The Victorian Street, Preston Park Museum, Yarm Rd, Stockton-on-Tees TS18 3RH
Parking: Preston Park Car Park
Entry via: Main Gates, Yarm Road
Event finish time: by 6:30 am
All attendees will be greeted on the main Victorian Street Gate and have access to that area of the external museum.
To kick start the event we will be getting together to meet, greet and mingle on the Victorian Street, followed by a welcome and informal talks from some of our partner charities.
You will have access to toilet facilities throughout the night.
The lovely Steve and team at Middlesbrough’s own Upex Pies will be coming along and you can enjoy a hot pie for a donation to the charity!
In the morning, you’ll awake to the irresistible smell of hot bacon sandwiches, kindly provided by the amazing Rapid Relief Team (RRT) Middlesbrough.
Gates will open at 530am and you’ll be free to leave any time after that. The event finishes at 630am.
Please come prepared to sleep outside in cold weather.
If you still need to set up your Just Giving page – PLEASE CLICK HERE!
We are asking all of our business executives to target themselves with raising £1000 (including gift aid). It can be done – one of our Nottingham fundraisers managed to smash his target of £2000 in just 3 days!
Thank you for signing up for the CEO Sleepout at Preston Park Museum. You will be part of a unique event which will see some of Middlesbrough’s finest business leaders coming together to make a difference for Teesside’s homeless and those in the grip of poverty.
Find out who your fellow sleepers are by visiting: https://www.ceosleepoutuk.com/middlesbrough
You will be sleeping outside so please be prepared by bringing warm clothing. Suggested clothing items are below:
- Warm thermals/underwear
- Layers of medium to heavy weight clothing
- Thick socks
- Sensible shoes
- Woollen hat and gloves
- Eye masks (there may be bright lights)
- EAR PLUGS
- Thick sleeping Bag
- Sleeping mat
- Plastic sheeting/ground-sheet to protect from rain
- Towel/wash bag
- Cardboard boxes will be available on the evening (donations welcome)
- Any medicines required
We are extremely excited to welcome you to The Victorian Street at Preston Park Museum and we would ask you to kindly consider the following:
- Please do encourage as much sponsorship as possible – it’s such a worthy cause.
- Please do not invite friends, family or colleagues to attend with or visit you at the event as they will not be permitted to enter the museum.
- Everyone who attends must be registered via ceosleepoutuk.com/middlesbrough or via email and confirmed by bianca.
- Electrical items such as mobile phones are very welcome to capture your experience of the Sleepout. They’re also a great way to keep your family and friends involved with your progress on the night. We encourage Facebook updates, Twitter posts, live video feeds, and any other way you can get your contacts to make last minute donations! Make sure you have your Just Giving page link close to hand on the night to assist your efforts!
- Please make sure all electronic devices are fully charged on arrival as charging points will not be available at the venue.
- Please be aware we strongly discourage bringing valuables such as jewellery, laptops, tablets, and other personal items. Any items you bring are your responsibility and done so at your own risk.
- Refreshments will be available but alcohol will not be permitted on site. Please do bring water / flasks of hot drinks if required. Please do bring snacks and food if required.
- Please do let event staff know in advance of the evening if you have a medical condition and please do bring any medicine along with you.
- Please note there are no shower facilities available, however toilets will be open all night.
|8 pm||Arrival at Preston Park Museum, Victorian Street Gate.
Disclaimer form signed by each participant
|8:30 – 9:30 pm||Introductions and presentations
|10:30 pm||Brief housekeeping overview|
|11 pm||Sleep on the Victorian Street|
|06:00 am||Breakfast, Tea / Coffee served thanks to Middlesbrough RRT|
|6:30 am||Guests depart|