Event Details: Manchester 2018
Here’s everything you need to know for a successful night at CEO Sleepout Manchester 2018!
Venue: The Member’s Lounge in the Pavillion, Lancashire County Cricket Club, Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0PX. Please use the Talbot Road entrance (main entrance).
Date and Arrival Time: Monday 15th October at 8pm
Event Finish Time: 6am on Tuesday 16th October
Parking: Parking is available. The car park barrier will be raised from 6pm – 7:30am
Facilities: Toilet facilities will be available throughout the event
Sleeping Arrangements: Sleeping to take place in the stands
What you need to bring: Please wear plenty of layers of warm clothing and bring a good quality outdoor sleeping bag, pillow and some cardboard or a sleeping mat.
Monday 15th October
Arrival – we will ask you to sign a disclaimer on arrival (copy attached for you to review) – no need to print off as we will ask you to sign a copy on arrival.
Refreshments will be served. Please not this will be an alcohol-free event.
9pm – 9.30pm
Soup and a roll to be served.
Tuesday 16th October
Breakfast to be served in the onsite Hilton Garden Inn hotel.
Showers will also be available from 7am in the Indoor Cricket Centre.
We ask all of our participants to aim to raise a minimum of £1000 via Just Giving. If you haven’t set up your page there’s still time! Click here to get started.
You will be part of a unique event which will see some of Manchester’s most compassionate business leaders coming together to make a difference for people in crisis due to poverty and homelessness.
Your support will help us to raise much needed funds which will make a huge difference to homeless people in the UK. Find out who your fellow sleepers are by visiting: ceosleepoutuk.com/Manchester
We are asking all our business executives to target themselves with raising £1000 (including gift aid). It can be done – one of last year’s fundraisers managed to smash his target of £2000 in just 3 days!
You will be sleeping outside so please be prepared by bringing warm clothing. Suggested clothing items are below:
Layers of medium to heavy weight clothing
Woollen hat and gloves
Eye masks (there may be bright lights)
• Thick sleeping Bag
• Sleeping mat
• Plastic sheeting/ground-sheet to protect from rain
• Towel/wash bag
• Cardboard boxes will be available on the evening (donations welcome)
• Any medicines required
We are extremely excited to welcome you to Mowden Park, and we would ask you to kindly consider the following:
• Please do encourage as much sponsorship as possible – it’s such a worthy cause.
• Please do not bring dogs or pets, invite friends, family or colleagues to attend with or visit you at the event as they will not be permitted to enter the grounds.
• Electrical items such as mobile phones are very welcome to capture your experience of the Sleepout. They’re also a great way to keep your family and friends involved with your progress on the night. We encourage Facebook updates, Twitter posts, live video feeds, and any other way you can get your contacts to make last minute donations! Make sure you have your Just Giving page link close to hand on the night to assist your efforts!
• Please make sure all electronic devices are fully charged on arrival as charging points will not be available at the venue.
• Please be aware we strongly discourage bringing valuables such as jewellery, laptops, tablets, and other personal items. Any items you bring are your responsibility and done so at your own risk.
• Refreshments will be available but alcohol will not be permitted on site. Please do bring water / flasks of hot drinks if required. Please do bring snacks and food if required.
• Please do let event staff know in advance of the evening if you have a medical condition and please do bring any medicine along with you.
• Please note there are no shower facilities available, however toilets will be open all night.
Thank you all and we look forward to seeing you on the big night!