We’re Hiring – Events coordinator
Join our team! If you’re a self-starter who possesses a blend of event management and marketing expertise with the flexibility to drive events across the UK, please read the description below and do get in touch!
Remember to include a cover letter and your CV.
|Job Title||Events coordinator (operations)|
|Responsible for||Operational delivery of event plans, including participant recruitment and registration, marketing, social media, participant communications, fundraising, reporting, event delivery and debrief.|
|Salary||£20,000 + depending on experience|
About CEO Sleepout: our vision, mission and values
CEO Sleepout is a national charity set up to inspire the business community to fight homelessness and poverty. We raise money from big-hearted business and community leaders who participate in events held in cities across the UK. We put that money to work, but funding charities working at the front line of homelessness and poverty.
Our vision is to unlock compassion among the business leadership community, harnessing the powerful voice of business to drive home the message that everyone can live with dignity and nobody should be without a home.
Yet right now, hundreds of thousands of people in our country are homeless – forced to sleep on friends’ sofas and floors, live in crowded or unsafe places, sleep on buses or in cars or even stay out on the streets. And many more are at risk of becoming homeless.
Caring for one another means making sure that all people in our country have safe, stable housing. To make sure that our society shows decency towards all people, we need to address the economic conditions that place people at risk of homelessness. When people are already in poverty or are struggling to pay for housing, all it takes is a single event, like losing a job, a relationship breakdown or a health crisis, for them to fall into homelessness.
Our mission is to use our events to raise money to fight homelessness and poverty, and to empower our network to speak up, speak out, and advocate for more affordable housing, help people get good, stable jobs so they can pay for housing and do what they can, in business, to support a fairer, more equal society.
Our values are:
- Purposeful action
Purpose of the role
As the event coordinator you will ensure the successful recruitment and deliver of CEO Sleepout events:
- Activate and deliver the event plan to ensure successful recruitment, fundraising and event delivery
- Ensure all recruitment systems and processes are activated for each event: website, fundraising platform, sign up processes, databases.
- Deliver the pre and post event communications to participants and prospects
- Liaise with participants, answer questions and provide information
- Organise and coordinate the event agenda with partner venues and charities, including special guests, keeping everyone informed of the plan, roles and expectations
- Support the CEO and event delivery during the event
- Report on data including fundraising, participant numbers, social media activity, spend
- Promote the events using social media and paid activity
- Deliver social media in accordance with the marketing strategy
- Deliver newsletters and event invitations to the database in accordance with the plan
- Distribute press releases to media targets, following up and nurturing media relationships
- Set up the event online: website, fundraising platform, tracker and participant sheet
- Maintain CRM Database and synch with Mail Chimp
- Use Mail Chimp to deliver the event communications template email series to participants
- Coordinate and deliver the event agenda alongside partners
- Support and deliver social media content during events
- Report and debrief on event, figures and tracked data make recommendations
- Proven track record of delivering memorable events
- Marketing and social media savvy, with a knowledge of how to put together great content and use appropriate design and scheduling tools
- Ability to work to set processes and direction
- Critical thinker, ability to use judgement in situations involving different stakeholders
- Deadline driven with the ability to work under pressure to get multiple events out the door within the same time period
- Self starter, organised and thorough, ability to work remotely
- Flexibility to attend and sleep out at events in cities across the UK.
Your wellbeing is important to us, and we offer flexible working.